View Poll Results: Should we use dnsbls?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, the list you suggested will do.

12 92.31%
  • Yes, but the list you suggested will not do. Please post why.

0 0%
  • No! Please post why.

1 7.69%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: blocking spam

Originally posted by infoZine
    i know you really us.
    I like chocolate you know

I'm still considering the spam barricade, but I need to think that one through carefully.

Originally posted by idologic_dh
    I like chocolate you know

I'm still considering the spam barricade, but I need to think that one through carefully.
    Not to get off topic to much but I have a Black lab mix that THINKS he's a chocolate lab and I'm afraid that last nite he got ALL YOUR CHOCOLATE.... my wife was ticked to say the least. ( because it was really her chocolate....)

It will be interesting to see what you come up with concerning the email back method. that is what you meant by the spam barricade?

Opt-in by a server, a domain, AND/or just a pop account. I'll keep my eyes open.
    Richard Greene
    www.KCServers.com

It will be interesting to see what you come up with concerning the email back method. that is what you meant by the spam barricade?
    Oh, no, it's a hardware server/appliance that basically give you a front-end (or the end-user) and let's you set up dns blacklists, anti-virus, what to do with spam/virusses, etc.

I estimate it would cost $3000-4000 per year to operate for the 2nd level machine, so I am still considering it. The beauty of this system is that it doesn't charge per mailbox (which most solutions do).

On the 5th day of filtering I received 53 spam messages.

Regards,

Earl

On the 6th day of filtering I received 45 spam messages.

Regards,

Earl

Thanks for the updates Earl

Originally posted by idologic_dh
    Oh, no, it's a hardware server/appliance that basically give you a front-end (or the end-user) and let's you set up dns blacklists, anti-virus, what to do with spam/virusses, etc.

I estimate it would cost $3000-4000 per year to operate for the 2nd level machine, so I am still considering it. The beauty of this system is that it doesn't charge per mailbox (which most solutions do).
    , you mean I as the reseller would set this up per domain? Adding this type of layer, would be an excellent added feature to the overall hosting environment that we resellers could market.
    Richard Greene
    www.KCServers.com

, you mean I as the reseller would set this up per domain? Adding this type of layer, would be an excellent added feature to the overall hosting environment that we resellers could market.
    Yep, you would be able to do that as a reseller. I'm still looking into it though.

Just use some searchengine,they doing since 1999,but the spam is now desappeared.
    Nobody ever able to proof as guilty this company.mysql*backup