Thread: shared ssl on reseller account

shared ssl on reseller account

Hello,

I have a reseller account on apollo server with multiple accounts(one main account) which shared the same ip.
    I would like to use the shared ssl feature for one shared account(not the main). Is something that you provide for me via whm or I have to buy a cert for this and after that I have to install it?

Hi,

you'll need to purchase an SSL certificate and after that we will install it for you since a few settings need to be changed so you can use it as such.

thanks!

Hello,

I would like to ask, if I purchase an SSL certificate could I use it for several shared accounts or only for a single account?
    Thanks

SSL certificates are tied to 1 specific domain (e.g. secure.yourdomain.com), unless you buy a wildcard cert, then it's tied to a whole range of subdomains (under 1 domain, e.g. *.yourdomain.com).

You can however access them using https://secure.yourdomain.com/~user1, https://secure.yourdomain.com/~user2, etc.

Ok,
    I visit www.rapidssl.com/geotrust/ and i choose QuickSSL. They ask me to generate my server's Certificate Signing Request (CRS). The domain is trikiklo.com and is a shared account on apollo server in which the main account is state.gr.
    Where I have to go for genarate CRS? In WHM of main account or in cpanel of specific account(trikiklo.com)?
    thanks!

That's in WHM

Quote Originally Posted by idologic_dh
    That's in WHM
    OK will somebody get this man and iPod!!!!!
    Richard Greene
    www.KCServers.com

There is a problem. The site www.trikiklo.com is up on another server. I have taken over to reconstruct the site and hosted on my side ( on apollo server). So, I can't access the site in my server with domain trikiklo.com but with 69.61.26.23/~trikiklo until I switch the nameservers to look on my machine..
    So how can I purchase the cert with domain trikiklo.com while i am working the new site for testing purposes as at this moment the domain trikiklo.com looks at the present site which hosted in another server.
    Regards

Doesn't matter, as long as you generate the CRT on our server, then it will be fine.

You won't be able to use the certificate until you transfer the site over OR if you install the private key + cert that you generate here on the other server as well.