Thread: So far, so great!

CaFFeinE is offline Somewhat Logical

So far, so great!

Hi all, new guy here, just got setup this month, but I am seriously impressed.

A little background for ya:

I'm one of those people who remembers fondly the BBS days, and built my first website in 1996. By 1999, I was a webmaster/designer for a local bookstore and a number of other small sites, we did ok, we had hosting at places like Simple-Hosting and later on had our own VPS as our venture grew to include five domains and a site that had 2M hits a month.

I had my domain there as well as a site for our music label...Loads of fun.

Except our VPS was with Eryxma...who went and ran off not only with our money after overbilling us, but never gave back our data. I lost about two years of work, PSD's, etc. It destroyed our whole biz. ( yes, I had CDR, but not of enough)

I bailed, and got my own hosting for my personal site, which went well, for almost 2yrs.
    Then, the fan got dirty the last few months. Excessive (like a whole day) outages with no explaination or even an email, claims of "insufficient time to provide support..", etc.

I got fed up, and started shopping, smarter this time. After spending literally days reading WHT, and other reviews, and reading these forums looking for issues...I emailed Idologic with pre-sales questions. I was pleasantly surprized to see real humans seeming to care.

I used Paypal to signup, which wasn't easy, but they never got mad, or told me to forget it. They were very communicative and helpful, and got me through it. Then, I needed help moving the site, as it'd been made while I had DSL, which now I didn't. The idea of having to move 200Mb+ of files to-and-from on dial-a-crap was appalling. No worries though, they moved it all for me, and even set it up so I had the same username and paths so I didn't have b0rked scripts/logins/etc.

I even got partially refunded for having signed up in the middle of the month...very nice warm fuzzy for that. :-)

Best experience I've ever had getting into a new host in 8 years, bar none.

The server is wonderful and fast, everything works..old host everytime they fiddled with cPanel, I had to email them to give me back my SSH access..that usually took a couple days. OH, and now I don't get 30+ spams a day! Your AV/Spam controls actually WORK!

Since my domain transferred (which only took 4 hours to do for most areas), I've gone from that 30-50 number to perhaps 1-3 spam a day..awesome.

BTW, none of my users (1 email, 1 ftp) even knew the move happened, that's what I call good!

Thanks to DH, Andrew, and anyone else who helped me out. You guys rock!

-CaFF

*edit*

Just for fun, I'll relate that in the time it took to get my site on here, my old host had several outages, including THEIR OWN site, and have yet to reply to my cancelation request I put in on the 16th..jeez. Good thing I canceled the Paypal subscription and deleted all my data from that old server. Good riddance.
    Last edited by CaFFeinE; 03-20-2006 at 10:19 AM.

ERROR: C:\User\Coffee.sys not detected!
    (M)ake coffee, (G)o back to bed, (S)cream?

Douglas is offline banned
    Glad you're happy with Idologic. We try our best. Feel free to contact us if you ever do experience any problems.

CaFFeinE is offline Somewhat Logical
    NP, I will, not that I see any problems. I'm a simple guy.

I am trying to get a guy I'd unfortunatly referred to my old host to come here, as we'd both been bitchin' about the old host for months now. Would I get credit for that? I saw the program you have, but it seems like overkill for one client.

I can't host him on a reseller as he has 800M of his own stuff.

He knows my username / email, hopefully that's enuf. Prob is, He's got like 800M of site, and I gotta talk him into here instead of Lunarpages...he see the big numbers and low price..ack. Big Error there.

I keep telling him i've used hosting for ten years and Idologic has a better deal even if it costs more. There's no price on good, reliable service IMO.

-CaFF

ERROR: C:\User\Coffee.sys not detected!
    (M)ake coffee, (G)o back to bed, (S)cream?